Particle Emissions of 2-S Scooters
The serious health effects of particle emissions from traffic are known from the discussions about diesel engines technology and legislation. In this context the particle emissions of small 2-S engines without recirculation of the lubricant cannot be neglected any more. A particular concern is about the 2-S scooters, which in several countries are used very much in congested city centers.
Purpose and Objective
According to the participation of different partners there are following objectives of the activities:
- basic research of the 2-S aerosols, their composition with different lube oils and fuels and with different engine technology
- study of sampling and measuring procedures for particle mass and particle size distribution
- research of improvements of exhaust gas after-treatment systems
- toxicity and new methods of health effects research
- new inputs for industrial partners concerning their products
- new inputs for the legal authorities
- AMF Task 33: including of new partners, who actively work in this field and creation of further collaboration and/or information exchange.
- JRC EU Laboratories